Countryside living around Candlewood Lake, Connecticut is a pleasure to the senses. Aside from admiring the scenic farms and historic towns, breathing in the fresh air, and working up a good sweat amid the rolling hills and natural landscape, there are also great eats here that are just waiting to be sampled.
Below are a few restaurants to visit when you find yourself in this part of Connecticut.
4 Cotton Tail Road, New Fairfield
Among the Italian restaurants in the area, Biscotti’s Ristorante a must-try, especially if you’re looking for authentic Italian cuisine cooked to perfection. Their menu, from the homemade Fettuccine Alfredo to Chicken Marsala Pizza, can rival those of the more established family-owned Italian restos in the area.
- Dining options. Both indoor and outdoor dining are available but you can order takeout if health and safety are a concern for you.
- Must-try dish. Lobster Ravioli. This seafood pasta dish comes with a large Gulf shrimp and an interestingly unique pink vodka sauce.
- What makes diners return. Owned and operated by Scott Haines, a culinary graduate of Johnson Wales, Biscotti Ristorante prides itself in its fresh and locally-produced ingredients. As an avid fisher himself, Scott ensures that their seafood is caught fresh.
56 Mill Plain Road, Danbury
The name itself is a dead giveaway of the Latin American inspiration for this family-owned tapas bar and restaurant’s food offerings. Mariposa Taqueria is the go-to dining spot for adobo braised beef tacos, pica pollos, and more. Complement the food with their selection of sangrias and mimosas. Then get $3 off of all menu cocktails every happy hour on Tuesdays to Fridays, from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM.
- Dining options. You can make a reservation or opt for takeout. Order ahead then pick up your order at the restaurant once it’s ready. Delivery via Uber Eats is also available.
- Must-try dish. All their tacos will surely tickle your taste buds, but the Carne Asada is tops in many diners’ lists. Toss in some tostones and jicama slaw on the side to complete the set.
- What makes diners return. Tequila. The taqueria’s patrons – mostly residents from around the lake – know about this secret menu item. Whisper to the server about it and they will give you more details (and an opportunity to taste) if you ask.
56 Padanaram Road, Danbury
Pho Vietnam has been operating for over 20 years and has become an institution in the area. You can rely on the staff to provide you with authentic cuisine that will satisfy your Vietnamese food cravings.
- Dining options. Dining in is temporarily not allowed due to COVID-19 but their pho and other well-loved Vietnamese favorites are available through pick-up and delivery. Find them on Uber Eats and DoorDash.
- Must-try dish. Their Pho Beef will give you the ultimate Hanoi culinary experience.
- What makes diners return. The menu has numerous options for vegans and those with special diets. For food that’s cooked to suit your palate, you can ask the chef for recommendations.
80 Connecticut Highway 39, New Fairfield
For the classic all-American pairing of grilled burgers and cold beer, head over to Icons Sports Bar and Grill. This cool watering hole serves a wide selection of dishes from healthy salads and tasty appetizers to juicy burgers. Wash it all down with your choice of brews from their impressive beer list. Chow down with close friends and family and cheer your favorite sports team on as you watch them play on their massive high-definition TVs scattered throughout the bar.
- Dining options. Has dine-in, outdoor seating, and takeout options. Also available for small gatherings but make sure to schedule your reservation early.
- Must-try dish. Order the Candlewood Burger. This Icons special burger gives that melt-in-your-mouth feeling as you bite down on the bacon, bourbon caramelized onions, and goat cheese.
- What makes diners return. Icon has special events, depending on the month or the local occasion. Ladies’ Night is held every Thursday at 6:00 PM and last February, they served a special Valentine’s Day cocktail for a limited time. Check out their website for events happening soon.
If food, great company, and a lovely community with that 24/7 vacation vibe are what you’re after, then explore your real estate options in Candlewood Lake, CT, Our team at Fazzone & Harrison Realty LLC will help you find the home that’s tailor-made for you here. Call us at 860.354.0479 or send an email to kharrison(at)fazzoneandharrisonrealty(dotted)com to get started.